Painting, Plastering & Tiling Company
The decorating contractor that Otago trusts!
Celebrating over 120 years in Dunedin
On January 15, 1896, Mr James Wren started in business on his own account as a painting and decorating contractor in Dunedin, Otago.
Residential & Commercial Painters in Dunedin, Otago
The business grew and a small retail outlet in Stafford St was opened. The rest, as they say, is history. The company is now owned by Richard Daniell, Brian Black, Blair Mitchell & Mark Power. When the company started out in January 1896, it was a house painting and decorating contractor. This has always been James Wren & Co’s main focus; building a strong reputation for quality workmanship. The company has branched out into plasterboard stopping, solid plaster and tiling.
James Wren & Co. Ltd: Painters in Dunedin, Otago
10 Reasons to Choose Wrens:
- Over 120 years of knowledge, experience and history.
- Master trades people, member of the Master Painters and Master Plasterers and Tilers Associations.
- Proud to be locally owned and operated.
- Thousands of satisfied customers.
- Customer relationships spanning generations.
- Full scope and specification with every quote.
- We respect the property and possessions of our clients.
- We will go the extra mile.
- We will take the stress out of renovating.
- We will add value to your property.
- Three coats means three coats: honesty, integrity, quality, reputation, we say what we do and do what we say.
- Promise them everything, give them more: Stand by what we do, go the extra mile, quality control.
- Value the James Wren brand: Passion to uphold company name, reputation, image, history and values.
- Openness to new ideas: innovative, growth focus, training, new products and techniques, open minded.
- Treating people fairly: employees, customers, clients and suppliers, great place to work.
We do it all
Our contracting division is one of the South Island’s largest for professional painters, decorators and subcontractors. We cover commercial, industrial and residential work, from large industrial projects to small repairs in private homes.
With over 100 years of business it’s not surprising that Wrens is a business with an interesting history. Not only did we survive through two World Wars and the Great Depression but we have literally made our mark on thousands of Dunedin buildings.
James Wren & Co. Ltd have a large experienced staff, many who have been with us for years and contribute greatly to the stability of the company.